Have you ever wondered which candies are the most popular trick or treat candy? We did and we looked them up! Did your favorite candy make the list? Here are the top ten most popular Halloween candies:
- Kit Kat
- Twix 4 to Go
- 3 Musketeers
- Hersey Cookies N Cream
- Milky Way
- Almond Joy
Halloween is around the corner and it is important to be safe and have fun. Here are some healthy Halloween tips for you and your little monsters.
- Choose your candy carefully, avoid candy with open wrappers. Try snacking on sugar free candy which will lessen the chances of having unwanted tooth decay . If you’re going to indulge in the sugary more tasty candies be sure to have water nearby.
- Avoid Sticky Situations, such as gummy bears, taffy and other candies that stick to the teeth. These candies take longer to wash away by saliva, putting you more at risk for tooth decay.
- Drink More Water. Drinking water can help reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Chew More Gum, chewing gum that is ADA ( American Dental Association) approved 20 minutes after each meal can reduce tooth decay, increase saliva production helps wash out food and sugar and help neutralize the acid produced by dental plaque bacteria.
- Simple: Brush and Floss Daily. It is very important after enjoying your favorite candy please be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day or after every meal. Also remember to replace tooth brushes every three to four months. Yearly visits to our dental office is ideal, to prevent problems from occurring and to catch the ones that are forming at an early stage so it can be easy to treat.
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween from your Friends at Herald Square Dental!
Comments are closed.