What To Do in a Dental Emergency
Emergency Dentist New York
If you think you have a dental or denture emergency, please call our office right away! We can help! Herald Square Dental and The Denture Center Phone Number 212-256-9978
If you have a denture emergency, call our team – we can help!
Common Denture Emergencies
- Broken dentures
- Denture eaten by dog
- Denture flushed down the toilet accidentally
- Losing a tooth from denture
- Needing to add a tooth to denture
- Lost denture
- Hospital threw away denture
- Clasp broke off denture
What is a dental emergency?
Any situation that poses an immediate threat to your teeth or soft tissues is a dental emergency. Sometimes the condition is painful, but sometimes it is not. Either way, prompt professional care is of the utmost importance to save your teeth. Dental emergencies can be caused by impact, injury or infection.
Dental Emergencies we see Frequently
- Swollen tooth or cheek
- Broken, cracked or chipped tooth
- Broken fillings or crowns
- Severe sensitivity
- Swollen gums
- Severe jaw pain
What if my tooth gets knocked out?
If you or your child loses a permanent (“adult”) tooth, seek professional help immediately. Often we can re-implant the tooth if we see you right away. Immediate steps to take when your tooth falls out: rinse the tooth with water, do not touch the roots. Try to place the tooth back in the socket. If that is not possible, you may place the tooth in a container of milk, water or saliva to keep it moist. Then CALL US right away! Herald Square Dental and The Denture Center Phone Number 212-256-9978
Pain and Home Care
If you can’t access care immediately, here are some effective pain management and home care strategies until you can be seen in our office:
- Sore teeth and gums may benefit from warm water rinses.
- Heating pads for jaw pain and toothaches.
- Ibuprofen can relieve mild pain.
- Ice packs on the outside of cheeks for jaw or tooth pain.
- Dental anesthetics: use as directed on the package.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- Place cotton over sharp edged teeth to protect soft tissues of the mouth.
If you are in pain or have another dental emergency, we will do everything we can to see you the same day. Please call our office for instructions: Herald Square Dental and The Denture Center Phone Number 212-256-9978.
Comments are closed.